The Underground Cafe
A program of Utica Safe Schools Healthy Students Partnership, Inc., aspires to transform the experiences and perceptions of teens in Utica by creating venues for leadership, civic engagement and creative expression. There is no cost!
For more information, please contact Whitley Tate, The Underground Café Program Manager, by calling 735-1345 or email @ email@example.com
For more information about The Underground Cafe, click here>>
JFK Middle School
The goal of the Advantage After School Program at JFK Middle School is to provide parents/guardians with a safe place to send their children after school. Students who participate in the Advantage Program take part in classes that aim to increase self-esteem and help students learn important leadership skills. Students also participate in monthly service learning activities in the community. All programs are FREE.
The schedule includes:
- 45 minutes of quiet study time daily (2:15pm-3:00pm)
- Students take part in daily classes (3:00-4:45pm)
- Young People’s Algebra Project- Math Literacy Through Games
- Teambuilding with Peacemaker Program
- Pregnancy Prevention with Planned Parenthood
- Becoming a Responsible Teen (BART)- with AIDS Community Resources
- Alcohol and Substance Use Awareness
- Clubs that students can join (3:00-4:45pm)Special Projects:
- Science Club
- Art Club
- Hip Hop Dance
- Board Games from Around the World
- African Drums
- Guitar Lessons
Each month our students are required to take part in a service learning project. If you have ideas please let us know.
For more information, please contact Lonny Snyder, After School Program Manager JFK Middle School by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 368-6660